It is still hot outside but there is just a hint of fall in the air. Nothing says fall to me like apple crisp, pumpkin everything and just baking in general. I was having a hankering for something with apples so I came up with this little Caramel Apple Tart. I love using puff pastry, I am sure I could make my own but lets face it. I don’t have too, lol. If you want to make your own, check out this awesome recipe. Manali has an recipe with photos for each step.
Caramel Apple Tart
I love Caramel and apples and tarts so this is perfect. Easy and yummy.
Start by pressing a sheet of puff pastry into a 9 x 13 pan, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Brush some egg wash over the edges. I find it easier to do this now.
Core apples and slice to about 1/4 inch thick. Try to keep the thickness consistent.
Add cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, flour, sugar and lemon juice.
Mix together and set aside. while you make the crumble
Mix flour, oats, cinnamon and brown sugar together. With a pasty blender cut in the cold butter until the butter is the size of a pea.
Dump apples on to puff pastry. Sprinkle crumble mixture and pecans(not pictured) over apples and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 min. Pour caramel sauce over tart and serve with ice cream.
Check out some of the other apple recipes we have made.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup oats (not instant)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoon cold butter
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- Core and slice apples, Mix lemon juice, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, flour and brown sugar with apples. Set aside while you make crumble.
- mix all ingredients together and cut in butter with a pastry blender.
- Dump apples on puff pastry and sprinkle crumble mix over apples. Bake at 400 for 25-30 min. Remove from oven and pour caramel sauce over tart.
- Serve warm. Easily reheats