I love Chicken Cordon Bleu but it takes forever to make so this recipe is right up my ally. I love a simple casserole I can make quickly. My family is always busy doing some crazy thing or another and as much as I would like to spend hours every night making awesome dinners there just isn’t time. You can make this even easier by using a rotisserie chicken. I made this last night and it was gone before I could get seconds. Love this one! It is going into my recipe rotation for sure.
- 4 - 5 Chicken breasts cooked and shredded or cubed
- ½ lb sliced deli honey ham, diced
- ¼ lb sliced swiss cheese
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place shredded chicken into 9x13 casserole dish. cover with diced deli ham. Layer swiss cheese over ham and top with sauce. Then sprinkle breadcrumbs on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min.
- In medium sauce pan melt butter. Add four and wisk together until the flour and butter make a roue. Slowly wisk in the milk until you have a smooth sauce. Add lemon juice, mustard, salt, paprika and pepper. Continue to stir until sauce is thick.
Step 1- Place shredded or diced chicken in bottom of casserole dist
Step 2- Cover chicken with diced ham
Step 3- Cover ham with sliced swiss cheese (not pictured)
Step 4- Make cream sauce and pour over cheese, covering entire surface.
Step 5- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top
Step 6- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 min.
If you like this recipe try some of our families favorites.